“Love one another as I have loved you.” This call from our Lord Jesus stirs us to lives of service as a congregation and as individuals here at Friedens. We are a community of believers who are always in the name of Christ seeking to meet the needs of others. A sampling of outreach ministries include:
- Quarterly Bloodmobiles
- “Operation Christmas Child” shoeboxes
- Service trips to the Lutheran World Relief Distribution Center in New Windsor, MD
- Pillowcases for Children’s Ministry
- LWR – Blanket making, health kits
- Local support for – Next Step Center for the homeless, Somerset Community Clinic, Camp Sequanota
- Service trips to Northside Common Ministries, Pittsburgh (homeless men’s shelter & food pantry)
Seeking to reach out to the community Friedens Lutheran Church provides two groups for fellowship: The “Community Friendship Group” meets on the third Wednesday of each month from September through May. Beginning with a coffee hour at 10:00am the group participates in a Bible Study at 11:00am, a covered dish luncheon and a program at 1:00pm. All retirees and others free during the day are welcome.
A monthly Men’s Breakfast for men and boys of all ages is provided on the fourth Saturday of each month at 7:30am. A hearty breakfast is prepared. Fellowship is shared. A brief devotional time is provided.
Amy Polakoski is collecting monetary donations to purchase items for a trip to Guatemala this summer. Please help if you can. For more information read the following Guatemala article